Friday, September 26, 2008

3 to go

3 games. That is all that is left in the 2008 MLB regular season. As the day goes on I find myself getting more and more anxious over these last three games. I can't even think about work anymore today. The weekend will end one of three ways.

#1 - The best option
The Phillies find a way to clinch a playoff spot by Saturday afternoon and prevent the panic, stress, and cardiac arrests of Phillies Phaithful everywhere.

#2 - The worst case scenario
The Phillies get swept this weekend while the Brewers and Mets sweep their respective series and miss the playoffs entirely. This could be bad not only for Phillies Phans but also for myself and my personal life. This outcome will be devastating. My great girlfriend has never experienced me after a "Philly Special". A "Philly Special" is one of those occasions where either the Eagles, Sixers, or Phillies do everything possible to crush any hopes and dreams of having a winning team. It has happened many times before with these Phillies most notably 1993, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006. I am getting those feelings that it is about to happen again. i hope I am wrong.

#3- I'll take it option
Even though this option will prolong my stress and anxiety it is not a bad option should scenario #1 fail. The Phillies could end up tied with Milwaukee and the Mets for the final two playoff spots. Should this occur the Phillies will host the Mets Monday afternoon for the division with the loser hosting the Brewers on Tuesday for the right to the Wild Card spot.

Our prized trade deadline pickup Joe Blanton goes tonight. I am one of the minority who like the Phillies making this trade. This is the type of game we acquired a starter for. Anything less than a solid6-7 inning start tonight for Blanton will be a dissapointment in my mind. Go Joe!

1 comment:

GrumpySnake said...

I hope for your great girlfriends sake this weekend does not end in option #2.

You sure sound like a die hard fan and if they win your sign on name should change to something similar to mine "grumpy David".

Go Phillies!